Muskego Graduation Stats Show Plenty to Celebrate
Who is the graduating class of 2012? Here they are, at least by the numbers.
Muskego High School will be sending off their graduating seniors this Sunday at 1 p.m. We've been hearing that increased rigor pays off for students, and by a review of the list of scholarships and awards, it shows. Here are a few stats from the class of 2012:
- MHS Student Services Office reports that approximately 70 percent of the graduating class of 2012 will be going on to a four-year college.
- Of that number, about 8 percent of the class will be going to a college outside of Wisconsin, while about 62 percent of the class will attend a Wisconsin four-year college.
- 88 students have received scholarships totalling approximately $3.28 million; this reflects the amount of accepted awards. Generally, the offered amounts are much higher.
- While colleges are often the ones to write the largest checks, local organizations including the Muskego Woman's Club, Muskego Chamber of Commerce, American Legion Post 356, Muskego Lion's Club, Muskego Icetronauts, Muskego Moose, Muskego Athletic Association also provided support (to name a few)
- Students will be heading out to Ohio State, University of Dayton, Notre Dame, University of Alabama, Louisiana State and Miami University to name a few
Congratulations, students, staff and parents!