No doubt the Jammin' on Janesville mailer and map came to your house just befor the weekend, and one of the new features this year is a dollar menu.
Organizers hope to encourage patrons, who came out in the thousands last year, to taste a little from each restaurant along the way, instead of 'hunkering down' and having a larger meal in one spot.
This year, of the 90 or more businesses participating in the event, about 20 percent will be featuring some food or beverage menu, so the dollar menu is hoped to allow people to try more in more places. Coordinator Cassandra Wurster said there are about 25 menu items on the list. Some menu items are not food, like the 'mini spa' offered by L Spa, but most will be perfect for walking and noshing at the same time.
Wondering what's cookin'?
Dollar menu items and locations are as follows:
- Cousin's Sub Sampler at Bethel Lutheran
- High Tide - appetizer sampler
- L Spa - Pint size spa services
- Kiwanis Club - Muskego lemonade at the Westwood Centre Mall
- Sauced - Beer Cheese soup and soft pretzels at DeWinter Eye Care
- Sneesby's Denoon Saloon - pull pork sandwiches at North Shore Bank
- Avalanche Grill - chips and salsa at O'Reilly Auto Parts
- Animal Doctor - people and pet treats
- San Laurio Coffee House - Jumbo cookies
- Domino's Pizza - Parmesan Bread Bites
- Big League Barbers - kids cuts
- Lakepoint Church - rootbeer floats at Muskego Public Library
- Marx Pioneer Inn - food specials at Bumper to Bumper
- Dairy Queen - buy 1 Blizzard, get one for 99 cents.
- Quizno's - small Sub Slider Rolls
Larger menu items will also be featured at these same locations, and other venues like Matty's and organizations like the Lions Club will also be sponsoring food and beverages. In other words, come hungry - there will be plenty to eat.