It would have been a fair assessment to say that last year, the concept of a festival held along Janesville Road was a tough sell for some businesses. The road, which is poised for a major reconstruction, is not necessarily the prettiest thing Muskego has going for it.
However, that was the point of staging events to draw crowds - and customers - to meet the businesses that would be impacted by road construction, and the success of 2011's events has led to a heightened interest in this year's planning.
"Muskego businesses are putting the pedal to the medal for Jammin’ on Janesville. As Muskego Chamber of Commerce’s largest event of the year, businesses are hopping on the marketing bandwagon to promote themselves while creating a lively event for the community," state a release from the chamber.
“It’s a win-win situation for both the businesses and the residents,” said Tina Weiss, Muskego Chamber of Commerce’s Executive Director. “The businesses are cooperatively promoting themselves for a fraction of the cost of standalone marketing campaigns, while the residents are provided an event that is fun and engaging. Jammin’ on Janesville truly represents what a Chamber of Commerce is designed to achieve.”
Sponsors are hosting a wide range of activities and $1 menu items. Over 45 planned activities, 24 $1 menu items, and free transportation up and down Janesville Road, the event has become far more multifacted.
Jammin’ on Janesville events are the first Friday of June, July, and August, from 5-9PM.
- City of Muskego, top premier sponsor. (Grant dollars were again awarded to help promote the business-centered event.)
- Muskego Tire & Auto, Law Offices of Gerald S. Boisits, and DeWinter Eye Care, “Brought to You By…” sponsors.
- Tres Locos is sponsoring June’s featured non-profit organization, American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life.
- Sandoval Dental Care is sponsoring July’s featured non-profit organization, Muskego Food Pantry.
- North Shore Bank is sponsoring August’s featured non-profit organization, (MPAC) Muskego Performing Arts Council’s preliminary Teen Idol competition. In addition, Bethel Lutheran Church, St. Joseph Catholic Church, St. Leonard’s Catholic Church, Heritage Presbyterian, Mary Linsmeier Schools, and Miche Bag-Shawna Jesse also joined forces to serve as unified sponsors for MPAC’s preliminary Teen Idol competition.
For the latest information about Jammin’ on Janesville, which will be held June 1, July 6 and August 3, follow them on Facebook.