It seems like we just were on a pumpkin hunt, doesn't it? Well, now the jack-o-lanterns have given way to the jack pines, and here's a list of the places seen around town that allow you to select a fashionable fir for the holidays, either fresh cut or cut your own.
It's likely we'll add to this list, so stay tuned and happy hunting!
Basse's Country Delight - They also sell wreaths, pointsettias and Christmas decor.
- Types of trees: balsam, fraser, and Canaan pine, which is a hybrid balsam/fraser. Owners say it offers the scent of a balsam and the greener color of a fraser.
- Price range: $25 and up, depending on the type and size of tree, with a 5-13' range available.
- Hours: Thursday, Friday 9am-6pm; Saturday & Sunday 8am-4pm
- Contact: 414-422-0315
Cut Your Own on Parker Drive - just south of Muskego High School off of Racine Avenue.
- Price range: $25 and up
- Hours: weekends only, no specific hours posted
Muskego Beer and Liquor - the Fisher's bring in the boughs from Medford so if you're not up to trudging through snow to cut your own, take advantage of a selection of trees just feet from your car.
- Types of trees: Balsam and fraser firs
- Price range: balsams averaging around $30 and frasers starting at $40.
- Hours: same as the store, Monday-Saturday 9am - 9pm, Sunday 9am-6pm.
Muskego Choose and Cut - corner of Woods and Durham/Moorland. Opening Friday, Nov. 25. Cut your own as well as some precut trees.
- Types of trees: balsam, spruce, fraser fir, and white pine.
- Price range: $25 and up, depending on type and size of tree
- Hours: Fri-Sun 9am-dusk; Wed & Thur 11am-dusk.