Blogger and local travel agent Karen Kumm shared these great ideas for Christmas gift giving. For people really stuck on what to get the family, cover everyone in one fell swoop, and Kumm delivered some great theme ideas.
- Theater lovers – take your sweetie, or the whole family to a weekend in New York to see Broadway Shows
- Music Lovers – weekend in Vegas to see shows or Nashville if you love Country! The Rock n Roll hall of fame is also not too far away, in Cleveland OH.
- Sports fans – plan a trip to a major league game, stadium or Hall of Fame location. This idea is especially great for any pocketbook, as you could opt to visit a local team as near or as far from home as you'd like.
- Food Lovers – find those unique spots to dine at as seen on the Food Network or Travel Channel!
- Family trip over Spring Break – surprise the family with a warm weather getaway over break!
- Nature lover – visit a National Park
- History fanatic – visit the nation’s capital, Philadelphia or other historic places
- Plan an anniversary or birthday milestone cruise for your special someone!
- Golfers – how about a trip involving some challenging links?
- Spa lovers – need some pampering? How about finding the right spa to fit your every desire?
- Family spread out all over? How about a family reunion on a ship or at an all-inclusive resort? Or at a villa that sleeps 8 or more people?
Make your own trip, as well, based on your interests, said Kumm. Travel agents can help plan and coordinate your trip, and can help you brainstorm to create the best Christmas 'package.'