Muskego Police never know what can happen during a 'routine' stop, and this week, it seemed that drivers were intent on carrying their pharmaceuticals with them.
On Dec. 17, around 9 p.m., a traffic stop on Moorland Drive at Commerce Center Parkway (near Walmart) resulted in a 17-year-old Mukwonago woman being arrested for possession of heroin paraphernalia.
Just a few hours later, a 27-year-old woman from Pewaukee was also pulled over in the area of College and Racine Avenue at 1:21 a.m. The stop resulted in her arrest for operating after suspension, operating without insurance, and possession of heroin paraphernalia.
Later that morning, around 11:30 a.m. heroin paraphernalia was again found at the scene in the Piggly Wiggly parking lot. Police had responded to a report of suspicious behavior there by a 21-year-old Muskego man and a 20-year-old Greendale woman. The man was arrested for possession of heroin paraphernalia.
Additional incidents on this week's police blotter included:
Friday, Dec. 14 – A beaver trap was reported stolen from a residence in the S8600 block of Plum Creek Boulevard.
Saturday, Dec. 15 –
- A 46-year-old Hartford woman was arrested for her second drunk driving offense on Moorland Road at Janesville Road.
- A 26-year-old Hales Corners woman was arrested for her second drunk driving offense on Janesville Road at Racine Avenue.
- A report of the smell of burnt marijuana in the hallway of an apartment building in the W15100 block of Cornell Circle led to the arrest of an 18-year-old Muskego man for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
- A 17-year-old Muskego man was arrested for disorderly conduct and reckless driving after harassing a utility worker at Moorland Skate Park.
- A 16-year-old boy and 56-year-old man, both from Waterford, were arrested for shoplifting at Piggly Wiggly.
- Officers responded to a report of a rollover accident near the intersection of Racine Avenue and Kelsey Drive. There were no injuries as a result of the accident.
Sunday, Dec. 16 –
- A 28-year-old Waukesha man was arrested for drunk driving after putting his car in the ditch near Kelsey Drive and Muskego Dam Drive.
- Christmas decorations in the S8500 block of Sue Marie Court were damaged.
- Walmart called to report several juveniles creating a disturbance at the store. Four Muskego juveniles, ranging in age from 14 to 17, as well as a 17-year-old Milwaukee male, were advised to leave the store and not return, or face trespassing charges. The Milwaukee male was also arrested for an active warrant for truancy.
Monday, Dec. 17 – A 19-year-old Muskego man was arrested for driving under the influence of drugs, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Tuesday, Dec. 18 – A business in the W19300 block of Apollo Drive reported the theft from a vehicle.
Wednesday, Dec. 19 – A report of a reckless driver resulted in the arrest of a 61-year-old Muskego man in the W18500 block of College Avenue for drunk driving.
Thursday, Dec. 20 – A traffic stop on Highway 36 at Muskego Dam Driveresulted in a 30-year-old Burlington man being arrested for an outstanding warrant, operating after suspension, operating without insurance, and illegal possession of prescription medication.