There wasn't a full moon in the period leading up to Christmas, but it seems the stranger the item, the more likely it was to get taken.
On Friday, Dec. 21, Muskego Police responded to a report of theft at a construction site in the S9000 block of Lee Court, where concrete forms were taken. A suspect was arrested for the theft.
Then on Friday, Dec. 28 around 1 p.m, the theft of a cast iron bath tub from the yard at the former Spitzner Floral on Janesville Road was reported.
A concrete elephant stayed put, but sustained some damage, according to police, as a homeowner on Sherwood Circle reported the lawn ornament had been knocked over on Dec. 30.
Also on the crime blotter:
Friday, Dec. 21 – A hit and run to a pole at the intersection of Crowbar Dr. and Janesville Road was reported.
Saturday, Dec. 22 –
- The theft of a license plate from a vehicle in the S7400 block of Indian Trail was reported.
- A 42 year old Waterford woman was arrested for her 4th drunk driving offense in the W15300 block of Janesville Road She was also charged with open intoxicants and driving the wrong way on a divided highway.
- A 20 year old Muskego woman was arrested for drunk driving in the area of Emerald Dr. and Jewel Crest Dr. Two 20 year old Muskego men were charged with underage drinking, and a 19 year old Waterford woman was arrested for underage drinking, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Sunday, Dec. 23 – Muskego officers assisted Racine County deputies in apprehending a subject wanted for a domestic violence incident in their jurisdiction. Police normally don’t report on domestic related incidents; however, this involved a short foot pursuit in the area of East Drive and Marybeck Lane, and police wanted to make sure residents in that area knew what happened in case they witnessed the pursuit.
Wednesday, Dec. 26 – A burglary to a business in the W19300 block of Apollo Drive was reported.
Friday, Dec. 28 – A 30 year old Muskego man was arrested at his residence for shoplifting at Kohl’s Department Store.
Saturday, Dec. 29 –
- A 19 year old Milwaukee man was arrested for absolute sobriety after putting his car in the ditch in the area of Racine Avenue and Williams Drive.
- A 23 year old Muskego man was arrested for drunk driving after striking Bushy’s Pub and Grill with his car.
- A report of vandalism to lawn decorations in the W13800 block of Saroyan Road was received. Similar complaints were received in the W13300 block of Saroyan Road and the W13800 block of Fleetwood Drive. The damage would have occurred sometime after 9 p.m. to 11:30 p.m, on Dec. 28.
- A 19 year old Muskego man was arrested for operating under the influence of drugs in the area of Hale Park Court and Hale Park Drive. He was also charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Sunday, Dec. 30 –
- Vehicles in the W14800 block of Cornell Circle were egged.
- A car parked at Bushy’s Pub and Grill was egged.
Monday, Dec. 31 –
- Christmas lights were reported damaged in the W12600 block of Emerson Dr. and the W13000 block of Somerset Drive.
- A resident in the W15000 block of Cornell Circle reported their car had been egged for the third time in as many weeks.
- Christmas decorations in the S6500 block of Longfellow Lane were damaged.
- A road rage incident led to the arrest of a 35 year old Wind Lake man for drunk driving, carrying a concealed weapon, going armed while intoxicated, and failure to yield right of way.
- An employee at Muskego Health Care Center reported her purse was stolen from her vehicle.
Tuesday, Jan. 1 –
- A complaint of fireworks was received. The homeowner was advised.
- A clerk at Kwik Trip reported an intoxicated subject trying to get a ride from patrons. A 17 year old Waukesha girl who had been reported missing was taken into custody and charged with underage drinking.
Wednesday, Jan. 2 – A car vs. deer accident on Durham Drive at Pilgrim Drive was reported.
Thursday, Jan. 3 – A burglary to Muskego Beer and Liquor was reported.