In hopes of gaining a clearer understanding of where Kathy Chiaverotti and Luke Hudock stand on various issues that will be relevant in the city in the next few years, we want to know what you would like to ask the candidates. Originally it was thought to leave that question open-ended, however we knew that could mean there would be about 100 different answers.
So, we're going to offer up various questions that we could ask, and want your input on which of those to zero in on. Each candidate has also agreed to provide a video response, and we're hoping to get that done before the Mayoral Forum on March 15.
The top 3 vote-getters will be asked of each candidate and their answers will be posted to the site, one at a time. Please send your votes - indicating the question # - to me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Voting will end Thursday, March 10 at noon. Thanks for being an engaged audience!
1. Should the lawsuit with Art Dyer/Parkland Ventures be resolved once and for all during your term, what will be your goal in working with him going forward?
2. The state budget will impact Muskego - what areas do you feel you will focus on to address a shortfall? What are your priorities?
3. The business park still has many empty buildings in it, and development in other areas has been slow. What do you propose the city can do better on going forward, and how do you plan on making Muskego a business destination.
4. Lake access has been an issue of late. Should we continue to pursue initiatives like the previous "Bring Back the Lake" and how do you propose a future initiative can be successful to allow more public access by residents who do not live on the lake?
5. What is your philosophy of leadership, in particular in leading Muskego?
6. The word 'vision' is used often, but is not always explained. What is your vision, and how will it ensure success in Muskego, fiscally and culturally?
7. The recent referendum on school improvements and building was defeated. Obviously our schools are not getting any younger - what is your position on what should be done to keep Muskego schools updated and competitive?