Perhaps anticipating a long break in between meetings - this is the only Finance Committee and Common Council meeting scheduled in December - the City of Muskego will have a lot to discuss Tuesday night.
Should these items be approved at the Finance Committee meeting, which takes place at 5:45pm, the Common Council will review and vote on proposals on the following items:
- The purchase of 'Sire Electronic Document' management system, which is said to allow for easier searching and retention of records with a "fast and measurable return on investment." Initial budget request came in at $17,000, however according to a memo from IT and Finance and Adminstration, "the initial estimated cost provided for the project did not take into consideration additional fees for...licenses, indexing, support and related costs." An additional 'workflow package' is also adding to the original estimate. Revised costs therefore have come in at $45,250, or more than $28,000 over budget.
- The elimination of the Computer Specialist position, and the addition of a Systems Administrator, which is a full time position with a salary range of approximately $55,000-$75,000 per year, and a PC Intern position, which is a 20-hour per week position paid at $10-$12 per hour.
- The selection of Dave Simpson to fill the position of Director of Public Works/City Engineer
- Fire/Ambulance agreements have been reached, and require approval by the Common Council. Fees for services for residents for ambulance services look to be increasing by approximately $50; the fire agreement lists fees of $428.80 for each patient transported by Tess Corners to a medical facility, half if the patient refuses transport.
- The noise ordinance has also been revised and will be up for approval Tuesday night, along with revisions to the open fires ordinance.
All meetings take place at and the public is invited to attend.