The upcoming elections have been on everyone's mind, whether people are adopting an "I'll be glad when it's over" mindset or are eager to vote.
We've already posted ballot box basics on Muskego Patch, including which polling location is yours and how to tell, but wanted to point out upcoming deadlines, again.
In addition, it bears pointing out that Rep. Paul Ryan does indeed appear twice on the ballot, and if you are so inclined it is OK to vote for him twice. Ryan faces challenger Rob Zerban for the 1st Congressional seat, and is of course the running mate to Mitt Romney on the Republican ticket for president.
City Clerk Jill Blenski estimated that they are sending out about 50 absentee ballots per day (in person voting won't begin until Monday, Oct. 22).
Here are the important dates to keep in mind:
Voter registration -
- Wed., Oct 17 - deadline to register by mail and at off-site locations
- Friday, Nov. 2 - deadline to register at Clerk's office (office open until 5 p.m.)
Absentee Ballots - mail in
- Thursday, Nov. 1 - deadline to request absentee ballot; office open until 5 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 2 - deadline for indefinitely confined or military voters to request a ballot
Absentee voting at Clerk's office (City Hall)
- Monday, Oct. 22 - first day to vote absentee
- Friday, Nov. 2 - final day to vote absentee; office open until 5 p.m.
Special extended hours at City Hall
- Saturday, Oct. 27 9 a.m. to noon
- Tuesday, Oct. 30 open until 7 p.m.