Muskego Mayor Kathy Chiaverotti announced at the Nov. 22 Common Council meeting that a task for on communications has been organized. With the city awaiting the findings from a marketing study to determine where and what types of businesses would thrive here, the task force hopes to put a plan together for the city to create a vision plan for the next five years.
"We want to look at the city's current vehicles it uses to communicate with residents, including the website, newsletters, notices, the parks and recreation department," explained Tom Reck, who is one of the members on the task force. Navigation of the website, and the presentation of the city's services will be key areas the group will examine to recommend improvements.
"We will develop long and short term goals that will help these vehicles communicate in a consistent way that Muskego is easy to do business with, and is a great destination for bringing employees here as well as to stay and shop, recreate and play," he added.
The members of the task force come from a "great variety of backgrounds," according to Reck, and include city staff as well as private citizens. The group includes the following:
- Tom Reck, who is a member of the Little Muskego Lake District board, and has 10 years' experience with an interactive marketing consulting firm
- Melissa Thorson – Director of Marketing at InPro Corp.
- Zeke Radova – Store Manager Muskego Walmart
- Anni Schleicher (resident) – Learning Solutions Consultant at McGraw-Hill Higher Education
- Patti Johnson (resident) – President/Ron Sonntag Public Relations Agency (Mequon, WI)
- Cassandra Wurster (resident) - 10+ years experience strategic social media skills, coordinating all types of events for commercial businesses and non-profit organizations. Currently employed by the Chamber of Commerce for coordination of Jammin’ on Janesville events.
- Scott Weiss (resident) videographer and member of the local cable club
- Keith Werner - Alderman, 4th District
- John Wisniewski - Director of IT Services for the city
- Craig Anderson - Director of Parks and Recreation for the city
- Jeff Muenkel - City Planner