From the desk of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT):
WisDOT is reminding motorists heading to Lambeau Field on Sunday, Oct. 28 for the Green Bay Packers / Jacksonville Jaguars football game that the road construction season continues on most major roads in Northeast Wisconsin. While most projects will stop and two lanes of traffic will be open, drivers might still encounter road conditions in the work zones that could cause backups.
WisDOT strongly recommends motorists allow themselves additional time to reach their destinations.
Here is a list of the major roads in Northeast Wisconsin most Packers fans will be traveling and the road conditions they should anticipate:
- Brown County – Drivers will encounter 11-foot travel lanes and reduced shoulders in multiple locations along a 10-mile segment of highway. The speed limit is reduced to 55 mph from just south of Scheuring Road to I-43.
- Winnebago County – A majority of 12 miles of highway, from 9th Avenue to Breezewood Lane, has restricted shoulders, 11-foot travel lanes and speed limits reduced to 55 mph in both directions. Backups should be anticipated along this stretch of roadway.
- Brown County – WIS 29 is closed to traffic between Packerland Drive and US 41 with all WIS 29 traffic being rerouted to the new Shawano Avenue adjacent to old WIS 29. Access is maintained to US 41 from WIS 29 / Shawano Avenue. Closing WIS 29 and moving traffic to the new Shawano Avenue will significantly increase congestion at this location. Motorists that use this stretch of road are strongly encouraged to seek alternate routes. This new configuration will remain in effect until April 2014.
- Brown County – The Ashland Avenue median at Parkview Road is closed. Access to and from Parkview Road, at Ashland Avenue, is limited to right-turn in and right-turn out onto Ashland Avenue.
County G (Main Avenue)
- Brown County – The US 41 / Main Avenue interchange is closed for reconstruction. This closure includes all ramps and Main Avenue, from Ashwaubenon Creek to Lawrence Drive. The Lawrence Drive park and ride lot is also closed for reconstruction.
- Brown County – The WIS 54 and Seminary Road intersection has been reconfigured during roundabout construction that could slow traffic and cause backups at this location.
I-43/Leo Frigo Bridge
- Brown County – Traffic on I-43 at the Leo Frigo Bridge is reduced to a single lane with speeds reduced to 55 mph in both directions over a 3.5-mile segment of the highway. In addition, the following ramps are closed to traffic:
o Southbound I-43 off-ramp to Webster Avenue
o Northbound I-43 on-ramp from Webster Avenue
o Southbound I-43 on-ramp from Atkinson Drive