Being in Wisconsin, I am far from any Portuguese market, and if there is one thing I DO miss, it's good bread.
Sure there are lots of great bakeries around the area. But am I going to be spending $4 on a good loaf of bread when I can make it at home for less than a third of it? I am frugal, so whenever I can, I WILL try to save and do things myself.
These rolls are amazing to enjoy with your meal as well as for sandwiches for your kids to take to school.
1 1/2 cups warm water
4 cups flour
2 tbsp sea salt
1 tbsp yeast
- Add all ingredients in the above order to the bread maker.
- Program it to dough.
- Place some flour over the stone you are going to bake it on.
- Form the dough into a large ball or divide it into small individual ones and place them on top of the stone.
- Pre-heat the oven at 220 and place a oven safe bowl with water to create humidity.
- Place stone with dough balls in the oven for about 20 minutes. If you are making it as a whole bread you will need to keep it for about 40 minutes in the oven.