Organizers have noted in spite of cooler temperatures in June and the sizzling temperatures in July, each event for Jammin' on Janesville has grown in offerings and attendance. With perhaps the best weather of all three events forecast for Friday, August 3, the seasonal street party continues building Muskego’s new tradition of combining business with pleasure, according to the .
“Our original intention of this event was to help the businesses located on Janesville Road endure challenges faced in the midst of the construction. Since then, I’d say this event has quickly morphed into one of the area’s largest, most attended gatherings of the year, with businesses and residents coming together for food, fun, and friendship,” said Tina Weiss, the chamber's executive director.
The Muskego Performing Arts Council will be the spotlight nonprofit for the event, and will hold the opening auditions for Muskego's Teen Idol at Bethel Lutheran that evening. Auditions begin at 6 p.m. and will feature 20 contestants who will vie for the chance to make it to the semi finals on Thursday, August 23 during the Muskego Community Festival, with the finals on August 25.
If you have any questions on Muskego's Teen Idol or MPAC, please contact Steven Krause 262.971.1790 ext. 4845, or email@example.com.
In addition to the 50+ activities and 25+ $1 menu items sponsored by this year’s 90 business sponsors, highlights and new items at August’s Jammin’ on Janesville will include:
- Large blow up obstacle course at Lincoln Point, including a rock wall
- Daily dollar will join the group at Muskego Elementary and give away glow bracelets
- Kohls is coming on board with a 70’ trailer in the Muskego Elementary lot, promoting safety to children, dubbed 'Kohl’s Cares: The Great Safety Adventure'
- Police dog demo at Animal doctor along with Greater Tator and mini floats for $1.00 and kids games
- New specials for Jammin’ After Hours, after 9 p.m. – with Jammin’ T-shirt or Pin; discounted specials will be offered to those wearing a Jammin’ on Janesville t-shirt or pin, during Jammin’ After Hours. Purchases can be made at the Chamber office during their regular business hours or at the Chamber’s booth during Jammin’ at Janesville. Get them while supplies last.
-Free appetizer with the purchase of 2 drinks at
-Live music & free shots at
-1 free domestic or premium beer or a free drink-rail at
-1/2 off appetizer and buy one drink get a second one ½ off at
-$4 off pitchers of margaritas at Tres Locos (served outdoors) T-shirt, pin or not
- will do the Monster Energy Promo with a Dunk the Doc for charity and great trunk show featuring Gucci, Sax and Chesterfield
- Westwood Centre will have Wades Filling Station (hot dogs and beef sandwiches)
- Friends of the Library will be introducing programs at the lot along with other city departments
- Matty’s will be back at Muskego Tire and Auto featuring a fish fry for $10 which includes homemade chips, coleslaw and rye bread; and also a fish sandwich for $6.50, which includes the same along with a kids slider meal for $5 all including the signature Matty’s cookie.
BANDS AT JAMMIN' August
– Muskego Teen Idol Prelims
Johnny’s Petroleum – Donny Casper DJ
High Tide – Liam Ford from 6 – 9 outside and E-Rock from 9- closing inside
Office of Mary M Llanas – Kool Grey
DeWinter Eye Care - Charles Walker
– Spare Change Trio at 5:30 and HOI POLLOI starting at 7:15
– Harmonic Maneuvers
– Mark Strehlow and KinFolk
Muskego Tire & Auto – Hat Trick
Lincoln Point – Rock Solid