- Position sought: Muskego Common Council - District 1
- Address: W134 S6598 Sherwood Circle
- Family: Married, two sons
- Education: Five certifications in education and two Masters degrees, one in Exceptional Education and the other in Administration.
- Occupation: Franklin Public Schools since 1995, currently facilitating the development and implementation of a program in Alternative Education for At-Risk students.
- Related experience: On common council for three terms/six years. Park and Rec board for two years, finance for four years, Public works for two years one of those years as the Chair, Festival Committee for the past five years, and currently Public Safety as the chair. Served twice as Council President.
Why are you running for this office?
I have worked hard to be responsive to my district, and I feel I bring a voice of logic to the Common Council; I have actively been working on addressing the problems of flooding in our district, working with the city and the county.
What will be your single most important priority if you get elected?
The biggest issue in my district currently is the flooding. From what I am hearing from those that have lived here longer than me, this seemed to become a big issue once New Berlin started to build and since Janesville road went in. I have attempted in many ways to work with the County and have gotten no where. My hopes are that with a new Supervisor for this area, I can finally be heard and get somewhere with this issue.
What is the biggest issue in this race and how will you address it, if elected?
Within my district, it is flooding, but also the upcoming Tess Corners Drive construction, and also the Janesville Road project. As for the city as a whole, I would continue to work on the relationship between the fire department and the City. I want to see some type of retention program implemented that will help to benefit all that are and have given their time and dedication. I would like to continue in the planning and development of the Janesville road project. I would like to help bring in small business that makes Muskego a destination place. I would like to continue to work with the Police Department and their programs that help to keep them the proactive department that they are. They have wonderful programs that benefit our community.
What sets you apart from the other candidate?
Leadership and experience within the district